Wednesday, October 19, 2016

So a week from today i will be flying to Kenya! How crazy is that!? It feels like i left not to long ago! The days drag on and on and on. But at the end of the week they all like mesh together and im like what? Its already Saturday or Sunday? haha ive loved the MTC here its so great! Its actually the smallest in the world too! One thing thats very very important that i learned is how crutial it is to LISTEN. Listening is not the same as hearing. But when you listen you are heeding and understanding what someone is saying. Trying to connect with them and there experiences. Thats something ive learned when teaching investagators (People who we are teaching). This last week i also got to go to the temple and it was super cool! I have pictures but cant send them yet! It was really cool though to get to drive around and go see what Joburg is like! While at the temple some guy who is like in the area presidency of africa said that there are 15 total missions in South and West Africa and only about 1500 missionaries! Just think about the size of all of that land and how few people that is so it made me feel extra special haha! Brazil alone has more missions than like all of Africa! Last Sunday we watched 17 miracles and it was really different watching it here with all the missionaries! It touched my heart and i even cried a little (haha i'm a baby). But to my Trek family i toally forgot the guys name is Levi Savage and that was out trek family name! Couensidence or not it was cool and i thought about all of you! On Saturday we kinda got our first African rainstorm too! It was like an hour long raining hard with a bunch of thunder and lighting i loved it!!! We also changed districts and companions and my new one is Elder Harrott of course! Haha that would happen! Me and him already have to many memories and think of each other as brothers! After the mission he wants to come to Utah and he said for me to come to England and we'll like give each other a tour! My new district has me, Elder Harrott, Elder Mbuli, Elder Cooper (the son that uncl John works with!), Elder Goss, Elder Lupeni, and Elder Stevens! Thanks everyone for the emails! I didnt get long to write this week either and next week i might not even get to email so it might be like 2 weeks until you hear from me again! The reason why is becuase we leave the MTC at 5:30 in the morning to fly out and then we get to Kenya on Tuesday and im not sure if we'll get to email there! Love you all and thanks for the support and love! I love to hear from family and friends so email me! Funny moment of the week: On Sunday we watched a devotional and I was telling Elder Harrott about the pretty girls in Utah and this pretty girl prayed and i looked at him and raised my eyesbrows twice and was like seeee! Then while she was praying me and Elder Harrott fist bumped and the President was sitting right behind us and was "Elders!!" in an old man grumpy voice and me and him were laughing about it so hard after! Love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment