Monday, September 17, 2018

Where has all the time gone to? I had my last zone conference as a missionary this last week. And luckily for me it was probably one of the best ones i have ever had. We had our interviews on Thursday after working in our area on Wednesday. The interviews went really well. Even this far in my mission i continue to learn ways in which i can improve in the work and grow more. Our zone conference was basically a big counsel of things we all needed to talk about. So there was great organization and structure to it, but every contributed and talked and discussed together. It was a proper zone conference. Let me share with you some quotes that i liked from the leadership meeting and the zone conference itself. "In life you always have an influence on someone, you have no choice over that, the choice that you do have is whether that influence will be good or bad." -President Msane "Help each other, not judge each other." -Elder Shongwe We were talking about our struggles as missionaries and how we should be with our fellow missionaries. Let us love before we judge. "Change and fix mistakes before they become habits" -President Msane "Each missionary has a desire to be a better person, that's shows by seeing them out here as missionary." -Elder Shongwe I liked this one because it is so true. When i left i knew i wanted to learn and grow on my mission and become a better person than i currently was at home. that was not my motive for coming out, but each missionary has that desire for change within themselves. "Our best effort includes using our resources. Its not just doing all i can think of, but using all that I have." -President Msane I have never really thought of this that way before. Doing all i can is not just what i can think of. But i need to as well use the resources around me that i have before the Lord will fill in the gap. "There is a difference between faith and believing. Faith is not enough, we have to believe that we can be successful at what we're doing." -Elder Reck "Life without a plan us useless." -Elder Molutsi These are just a few quotes you can ponder and think on if you like. I really enjoyed all of the zone conference though. Sitting there i was getting quite hit by the fact that in a few weeks this will all come to an end. My mind was caught up on all of the memories and the small little things that i will miss about Kenya and Eldoret itself. Words can not express the feelings of the soul in how this place has changed my entire life. I love this place. There are 4 in my group who bore there testimonies. Elder Christensen went first, then Elder Fraga, then me, and we finished up with Elder Wilson. My group is so powerful and I love each and every one of them. My heart was beating and pounding so hard when it was my turn to go up. I don't really remember much of what i said but people thanked me for my testimony afterwords and expressed how they will miss me. So i guess the spirit was speaking not me. What a surreal feeling it was. We got to party it up in the Huruma flat with Elder Fraga, Ntlebi, Molutsi, Card, Bigirindavyi, and I. Man i will really miss so much from this place. What an eventful day that was, one that cant be forgotten. Lastly, we had a baptism on Sunday of Kingsley. He got interviewed on Tuesday and passed and wanted Elder Bigirindavi to baptism him. We had a great attendance for the entire program which was good. We are working with the members to build up the kingdom of God here in Mautuma. We have 2 full weeks in our area, so I am looking forward to that. I hope you all have a great week and can make small consistent improvements in your life each and every day. By doing so you will become better in ways you now are not able to experience. Happiness will flow into your life and you will see it for all those around you! Lots of Love, Elder Christian Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment