Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Alright so first things first we have a baptism next Sunday!!! Her name is Sister Beti and she is 27 and is super excited to join the church! :) We had our first zone conference this week and it went well! It was good to see some more white Elders as well as everyone else and make friends! That very night was well.....the us debate....yeah i found out that day who won and everyone from the US is like ahh crap. Hahaha its on their news stations, in the newspapers its everywhere which was really surprising to me! So good luck and I'll be better off here in Kenya haha. Mwanziu and I also gave talks on Sunday and I talked on how families can be together forever which I am so grateful for and which is a big thing for me. This week was good with the zone conference and we also got a few more investigators so now up to about 9 and 4 of them have baptism dates and are really progressing! We just had lots of good lessons this week and are really seeing how the gospel can change people lives! It really is amazing and so cool to see and experience!! We got to meet some more members this week as well as go to a farewell party for a sister here that leaves this week to go to the MTC then off to the Uganda mission. So somethings that are a little different here as follows. When you go to someones house whether it be an investagator and especially members they ALL feed you! And they make like the biggest amount of food possible. My companion eats more than me which is crazy because he is so much smaller than me and he just laughs at me for it! We went to the Sosiani branch Presidents house with everyone in our district and had dinner which was really good. And that night at their home with the experiences that we had I really felt at home, it was something I hadent felt yet since I was here. Its hard to describe but I just felt like I was home. It was really really good! We also got to meet with another member and she was telling us stories and one story made me laugh so hard. So I guess the temple in Nigeria people steal the angel Moroni from the top hahahaha! She said they like bring in a chopper and hook up to it and just take off with it, I was dying just imagining that happening. Like oh look they're back to take it agian and then seeing a chopper fly off with it and see it disappear into the distance. I would laugh so hard but its also not funny because temples are a house of the Lord and they are stealing from him which is never a smart idea but I was laughing so hard! Another thing the cars here are pretty much like Utah....well kind of. Matatu's, Tuk-Tuks, and bikes rule the roads but 75% of the normal cars are Subarus. They all have catback exhausts with UEL headers for that classic boxer rumble. Most of them are lowered as well on coilovers or just chopped springs. Mostly Forester XTs and WRXs. Sorry if you dont understand that just car talk haha. Its weird! Well im running a bit short on time this week so hopefully i will send a longer one next week! Weekly funny moment: So the stores here are playing Christmas music and "the song" came on. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Alicia Keys came on and i just starting singing it super loud and hitting all the high notes and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy hahaha. It reminded me of when Jackson and Spencer and I would go to Lagoon and blast that song as the worker just looked at us and laughed! It was so funny! Hahaha Thank you all again for the emails and cant wait to hear from you next week! Love you all and all is good here in Kenya! :) Love Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment