Monday, March 20, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA FRED!!! I hope you had the best birthday! You have been such an influence in my life and we have so many unforgettable memories! I cant wait until I will get to work with you again! I am so lucky and blessed to have my Grandpa. I dont know how many people can this but my Grandpa is my best friend. He is so fun, funny, and overall just the best! I miss you so much Grandpa and I hope all is going well! I pray for you and love you so much!!! So this last week somethings happened. I burned my foot suuuper bad with a pot full of boiling hot water, yeah that felt nice and is still recovering but I push on haha. Also Nancy the first baptism I had here is doing really good in church and has received a calling as a Relief Society teacher! How awesome! So the schedule for missionaries has changed as well as the numbers we report and now in short we get to decide how to use our time. So the Lord really trusts us missionaries and believes in us! I am so thankful to be trusted this much! I will not let Him down. So on Wednesday we met with Okello and asked if he had a marriage certificate, he said no and I asked him when he would have the funds and be able to go get it. His response still rings in my heart "Even tomorrow". So he is getting his certificate so he can be baptized with his wife! We also met with Jimmy and Naftal on Wednesday and had good lessons. After meeting with them we went to a bar....well we thought it was a restaurant and this drunk guy at the counter called us over. So he was telling us to buy him lunch meanwhile this guy is getting drunk at noon, has car keys (so a car), and a super nice smartphone and we are like ummm dude you have more money than us! hahaha some people! Friday we had 2 lunch appointments and got fed at both places Ugali and Scuma...yeah we were crawling home that night because we were so full! We also went shopping at the market on Friday and some guy was like shouting "Mzungu Mzungu" at us and this random guy walking by was like "they are missionaries not mzungu's" we both just laughed and that is now our saying! Sunday we had a baptism of Sam. He has been coming to church for a long time but was just never baptized but everyone thought he was! So it was a great day! I love the strong spirit and just feel that the heavens open when someone is baptized! I love it so much! I would like to share Romans 8:28 with you guys. It says: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. I love this scripture and believe in its words. Things will work out for good if we love God. Its that simple just love God and for each of us that means something different but love God and all will work out for good! I hope you all have a fantastic week and are safe! I love you all! Love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment