Sunday, March 12, 2017

So very quickly I forgot to mention last week that the best little brother had a birthday! My bro Spencer is turning 16 which as we all know is a very special one! If you see him wish him a happy birthday! Happy birthday bro I cant believe you are already 16! A lot of things will change but I know you will be able to handle them well! I am so thankful for all of the fun times we have had and will have in the future! Be safe and remember I love ya man! So this week was a crazy one. We hung out at the bus station for like 3 days but in the station I met this guy Miko. He is from Germany, about 200km south of Berlin. He was super cool and we talked for like 30 minutes! I love to meet new people!! So a few funny stories really quick. So Elder Thomas and I were walking and this girl was like hey come greet me. So we went over and she was like "Im looking for a man" he turned and walked away to a group of people I was talking to. She followed and was like "i want a man" then i said "well look at all these nice options" Pointing to the like 6 guys by me and they all like straightened their shirts and like looked nice! Then she was like "no i want a white man" and then the guys like got sad and we just laughed and were like....well sorry! Hahaha it was great! As well when we picked up 2 new white Elders that are serving here last Monday we were with Elder and Sister Pehrson. Well long story short we had 5 white Elders in the back of their truck and them in the front so 7 white people in the same truck. We drove by some matatus and this matatu conductor was like yelling "EXCESS.....EXCESS!!" and took out his phone and took a picture of the license p late and then was like shouting "Policia wapi!?" Which is where is the police in Swahili. We were all laughing so hard because you should see how they pack these matatus hahaha! It was super funny! I decided I will just include funny moments instead of saying them at the end. We had another baptism this week of Sister Monica. Her mother is a member but less active and we've been teaching her a while and she has been progressing very well! She loves the church and an RM here I am pretty sure likes her....so yeah there we go! We also got this new investigator named Okello. He is so amazing and he had an amazing first lesson with him! He already loves us and we have a baptismal date for him as well as he contributed in the 2 classes on Sunday (gospel principles, and priesthood) as well as he attended the baptism of Monica! It is so amazing and I am so humbled and grateful to the lord for putting such good people into our path. It really is a blessing! I love the missionary work and am excited for rainy season to be coming. Thats where it rains like all day every day for a few weeks! I am so thankful for all the emails and my wonderful friends, family, and other support I am getting! Keep save! Penda, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment