Monday, December 19, 2016

So lemme first start with the funny and crazy moments of the last 2 weeks. So this week Elder Mwanziu and I were walking in town and there was this low hanging like broken sign post thing and boom and walked right into it and smacked my head pretty hard on it and then we just walked to a memebers house and she fixed me up and stopped the bleeding haha! I also got a haircut recently and the guy that gave us the price said it was 100 shilling. Then after the guy cut my hair he thought it was gonna be like 300, so long story short he told me to never go back hahaha. I also met this guy from Leeds, England that was way cool to talk to him! Hes 19 so he was young too haha! One night I guess that when we were going to sleep I like passed out super quick and while Elder Mwanziu was going to sleep i guess I talked in my sleep. He said I was like talking to my friends and said something about spiders and it happened for like a minute! We were both dying when he told me hahaha I was like what the heck! Now for the more serious part. The real email. This one will be more special and close to my heart since this is my last email before Christmas. These are some things that I will miss this Christmas. Not all of them and not in order, but things I will miss this Christmas season. I will miss helping Grandpa Fred put up his Christmas lights. Putting up the Christmas lights at my house and getting help from the best little brother, Spencer. I will miss driving around and seeing Christmas trees in windows and houses all over the place. The Christmas books and Christmas music. I will miss walking or driving around and seeing others lights, especially when there is snow. I will miss the night snow storms and the silence that occurs when it snows at night and waking up and being shocked at all the snow. I will miss going to temple square and seeing all the lights. I will miss driving on State Street in Murray and seeing the christmas decoration that they put on each light pole. I will miss coco. I remember {and will miss} going to the Night Before Christmas street with my amazing Mom and brother. I will miss shoveling snow in shorts and a T shirt and scraping the ice off the car windows. I will miss that feeling of driving frozen and slowly being thawed out while the car warms up, which The Beast took forever to do. I will miss the Santas ringing bells outside the supermarkets. I will miss the love that families and neighbours have for each other. I will miss the 25 days of Christmas movies and watching Christmas movies with a nice warm fire. I will miss the Christmas eve pajamas and setting out the milk and cookies. I will miss the love and joy in my families eyes on Christmas morning as we open presents together and burn the wrapping paper in the fire. I will miss wrapping gifts even though I am the worlds worst gift wrapper. I will miss having my grandparents come over on Christmas to give us there gifts and share Christmas day with them. I will miss going over to Grandma Merz's and helping her decorate her house and tree for Christmas with all of my family and cousins on my Merz side. I will lastly on the list that I have. I will miss going over to Grandma and Grandpa Nelsons on Christmas Eve. Seeing Grandmas perfect tree and having the whole family down there to celebrate and be together. Having a quick dinner and then seeing the different families perform a talent or two and just everyone laughing and loving each other. Hearing the Fisihetaus sing that C is for the Christchild song and just setting in our hearts the love our Saviour has for us. Then Grandma and the little grandkids singing happy birthday twice to Jesus and then one of my favorite things. Is to have one of the Fisihetaus play a soft christmas song on the guitar as Grandpa reads from Luke 2 the birth of Jesus Christ. That is something I will miss alot and one of my favourite things during Christmas and Christmas Eve. Then the white elephant gifts and exchanging of gifts and again everyone dying because of the gifts. Then we all go warm up our cars and each go home. As you might be able to see I have a lot to miss from my favourite season. This Christmas being on the misson and missing all of that and even more will be very hard when I think about everything including all of the many things I did not mention it breaks my heart an my soul is saddened. But even though I wont be able to celebrate Christmas this year with my family or friends and even strangers I will not be alone. My Saviour, the very reason for Christmas will be with me to hold me up and strengthen me. To be able to remember him like I never have before in my life, to truly remember him and all that he has done for me personally. And to have the opportunity to bring others to him and remember him it is something else for sure. To remember the one who has blessed me with so much and given me so much to miss from my amazing life at home. I cannot express how truly grateful I am or him and for everything he has given me and blessed me with. To be able to have his name on my chest. I am so lucky and honored to have half of my name his. CHRISTian. I will forever get the opportunity to have his name be with me and what a name I carry. I am so grateful for this Christmas season and the chance for everyone to remember him. I wish that I could wish each one of you personally a Merry Christmas, so this is it. Merry Christmas!! Remember why Christmas is even a holiday and what the new born baby in Bethlehem did for each of us. I love the Christmas season and all that it brings and for me to be able to truly remember him and give thanks to him. To everyone who sees this and reads this have a very Merry Christmas. Remember our Saviour and remember his example. Bless others Christmas season and be loving and kind to everyone that you see and talk to. Be safe and enjoy Christmas with your loved ones! All my Christmas season love, Elder Merz P.S. - Hope you like my Charlie Brown Christmas tree haha

No comments:

Post a Comment