Monday, December 26, 2016

Hello friends and family I hope you are all doing well! It was really great to be able to Skype with my family yesterday. We were able to do a 3 way Skype with my family at home, my Sister who is serving in Belgium/Netherlands, and I. It was so great to see them and talk with them. I love them so much. Family is seriously so important. Family has always been very important to me but its became even more important since I have been out on the mission. It was very hard to hang up when I had to go and Christmas night and this monday morning was hard on me. Just really missing home and my family. This is how my Christmas went. So the missionaries from Kitale (another city that is like 1 hour and 30 min. away) they came to celebrate Christmas here in Eldoret with us and the senior couple missionaries that are here. Elder Mwanziu, Otieno, and Jameson all went to church with the Pehrsons at 9. It was combined sacrament meeting and I blessed the sacrament which I continue to do on the mission. Both branches that meet at the chapel combined for 1 meeting so their was Sosiani and Eldoret branch there. We had some really good Christmas talks and singing the hymns was very hard, I got to the point where I couldnt even sing the words because I'd cry. Just because I miss my family and remembering all that the Saviour did for me and for all that he has given me and blessed me with as well. I know that the church is true and that God is real and his son Jesus is real. I am forever grateful for them and the gospel. After church Elder Jameson, Wilson and I walked to our flat and the Pehrsons. (we live in the same compound) We just talked and shared stories together as we waited for the other missionaries to show up. We had some really good African food at 3 for brunch and some fruit juice that we blended up. We then just talked, played card games, and shared memories and experiences and some people called home and some Skyped home. It was nice to see all the Elders and spend Christmas with them. Everyone that was there goes like this: Elder Wilson, Angila, Rasmussen, Jack, Call, Wambua, Otieno, Jameson, Le Cheminant, Tucker, Mwanziu, Merz and Sister Ndonga and Matata. I Skyped home at 7 my time here and then afterwards we had a little fire and we got some sweets from Sister Msane. (mission presidents wife) It was really nice and I am again just so grateful to have been able to see and talk to my family. It has been hard since then so just keep me in your prayers this next week. Last week it was really hard to meet with people because a lot of people go up-country to their native tribes, or they just werent available. We did have some lessons though which were really good and we have 2 baptisms planned for the 8th of January! We also helped our Branch President paint his living room in his house which was fun and we got to meet with a few recent converts and less actives which was really nice! I love the missionary work here and really have grown to rely on the Lord to help me get through the hard times. Id love to share with you someone on of the missionaries shared with me here. "Whose hands?" A basketball in my hands is worth about $19. A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million. It depends whose hands it's in. A baseball in my hands is worth about $6. A baseball in Mark McGwire's hands is worth $19 million. It depends whose hands it's in. A tennis racket is not very useful in my hands. A tennis racket in Andy Murray's hands is a Wimbledon championship. It depends whose hands it's in. A rod in my hands will keep away a wild animal. A rod in Moses' hands will part the mighty sea. It depends whose hands it's in. A sling shot in my hands is a kid's toy. A sling shot in David's hands is a mighty weapon. It depends whose hands it's in. Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches. Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in God's hands will feed thousands. It depends whose hands it's in. Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse. Nails in Jesus Christ's hands will produce salvation for the entire world. It depends whose hands it's in. As you see now it depends whose hands it's in. So put your worries, your fears, your dreams, your families and your relationships in God's hands because--It depends whose hands it's in. My life as a missionary needs to be in God's plan. He is the one that called me here to Kenya and has helped me through everything so far. He has helped me be strengthened and feel of his love as will as my families love at home. I am so grateful to know that my life as well as all of our lives are in such good hands. He has an eternal perspective and puts things or takes things from our life for a reason. We need to always remember and strive to have our lives in the hands of God. He loves us more than we can even imagine, I mean he sent his only begotten son to die for us so that we may return to live with him one day. I love the gospel. And I love my Saviour and Heavenly Father so much. They have and continue to help me and bless me as a missionary. I just invite all of you to continue to remember him and put your life in the hands of God. He sees and knows the whole picture even if we don't. Everyone have a very good New Years. And my family, I love you so very much and wish words could truly express that. You mean the most to me and I think about you and pray for you everyday. All my very souls love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment