Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome 2017!!! I again dont have much time to email and I am about to explode because the Cybers here are like all closed and the ones that are open completly suck. Hold it in......breath......before my fist goes through the computer screen. Haha nah its okay but lets start the email now yeah? So this week was good! We have 2 investigators who are getting baptized on the 8th! One is Brother Jimmy and the other is Brother Naftal. Lemme quickly tell you about them. We met Jimmy about a month and a half ago and we taught him a few times then we didnt see him for like a month. And he called us and told us that he wanted to continue to learn and this last week we realllly saw the change in his heart. He was part of another church and told us how this church is something different and how everything in it is true and given us to bless us and help us. Such as the commandments we have in the church. Now onto Naftal. This one is very special. I remember the second lesson we had with him he asked us if we could give him money or if the church could to help sponser his music. He is an singer here. I was like well when we say we cant and the church cant he will be gone. But he was okay with it and kept getting the lessons. When we taught him we had to go really slow and then about the 4th lesson I asked him to read the whole next pamphlet we gave him. We didnt thnk he would, but the next time we met with him he went through it all! He said he just sat down and decided to get serious and went through the whole thing with notes and questions! We were blown away! Then about 2 Sundays after that he came into Sacrament meeting and he was shaved bald! He used to have dreads and we were like what theeeeee! We talked to him and he said he wanted to look good for the church and to stand out! We couldnt believe it! And then he had to get a marriage certificate which is kinda expensive for people here and he got the money and waited for 3 weeks and is now getting baptized! I truley can not believe all that has happened just with Naftal! He has such a great testimony and is so wonderful! His wife has also seen him change and is super happy and in love with him more than before and she is now coming and is one of our investigators and their whole family comes! I would lastly like to say how thankful I am for 2016. I have soooooooooo many memories and good times and had the opportunity to meet many new people and get many new friends! I look forward to continuing those relationships when I get home. I also had the chance to get closer with my friends I already had. I cant explain it all and dont have time but I will forever remember 2016 and it will have a special place in my heart. I thank anyone who was part of the memories in 2016 and it was honestly one of the best years of my life so far. I look forward to 2017 and am grateful that I get to be a missionary for the entirety of 2017! Funny moments of the week: So funny enough the internet crashed and froze and didn't work and I was seriously about to throw hands and the computer. So luckily enough I am finishing this email from the senior couple that is here. So our first counselor and I went to this place called Annex, he and I. We met some less active families and there was this drunk lady that came up to me and like hugged me and I was like "Get off!!" She wanted money obviously and I have her a Word of Wisdom pamphlet haha and then as we were walking away she came up to us again and she asked for money and Mulati said "We don't this time but next time we will". I looked over at him and was like ummm really? So in short I will not go back there. So here people also sell a lot of stuff on the sides of the street from fruits to clothes. And many of them don't have business liscenses and when the city counsel trucks come they all ditch and leave! Its hilarious hahaha. And one day we saw a truck full of people that were off to jail and got caught haha. Then the next day we were at the edge of town and we saw an empty truck driving into town and Elder Mwanziu was like "Ahh hes going shopping" and we just both died laughing hahahaha! There was also this bug New Years party here and they had a semi with an open trailer driving around promoting with music and a dj and dancers and we were walking and the dj said "Mzungu" into the mic and I was like "Ayyyyyy" and waved at them and they all waved, it was so funny and cool haha. The last one for this week is the Matatu ride. So we went to Iten again (an hour Matatu ride) and on the way back was what I like to refer to as "The Ride". This Matatu driver would launch hard off of the line every time we stopped or speed bump and then he was racing these other Matatus and were going like 80 mph I swear! He was using every RPM and was apexing turns when it was clear and then we went off road on the dirt track and we were like a WRC Matatu. Hahahaha it was the coolest funnest Matatu ride I will never forget! That is it for this week and it is kinda short and no pictures again so sorry Mom. I will send some next week! I also don't have time to reply to all the emails I got just because lack of time but I will reply next week! I hope you all had a great New Years and lets all make 2017 one to remember! I love you all and thank you all for the emails! I love to hear from my family and friends, you guys are the best! My Kenyan love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment