Monday, January 23, 2017

So this week was another great week! So we got to meet with one our investigators Elvis is his name. We haven't seen him since the beginning of December but we met with him at his home and he was suuuper nice and remembered everything that we taught him before! Especially the big points about the Restoration like the Priesthood, Apostasy, and about Joseph Smith and the whole Restoration which was suuuper cool! Hes just been super busy at work and his boss doesn't let them have Sundays off, but we now know what days and times we can meet with him! Something I have also come to love is the investigators prayers. They are sooo thankful to meet with us and pray for blessings for us and our families and to find more people to talk to! Its like what the heck!? YOU are still deciding whether or not to accept the gospel but they just have so much love and respect for us and I guess see or think that we are good guys! So i really love their prayers I cant explain it but they are the best! This email will be a little bit shorter because I am giving you guys a homework. So this last week I read Alma 32. And the ending is what I would like you guys to read. It talks about Faith and is suuuper good and easy to understand. This is how our Faith should be and Faith is pretty much the starting point for the gospel. If you dont have Faith in God or Jesus Christ then well.....you gotta start from there haha! So the parts I especially want you to read are verses 26-43. I would also like you guys to search up the talk called "To Whom Shall We Go?" from Elder M. Russell Ballard. October 2016. Just google that and it should come up! It should help any of those who are lacking faith or don't know their feelings about being a member of our church! Its a great talk and I hope it helps! Some news for last week but 1. So i forgot to say last week that i got 2 letters that are the best! One was from a Primary class from my home ward with all the little kids. They all drew me a picture and wished my Merry Christmas and it touched my heart because I love kids and just to get that was a complete surprise and I loved it sooooooo very much!! I also got a monthly letter from some of my good friends who are on missions as well and just to hear their testimonies and there experiences is the best! I love to get that letter and I am so thankful for the strong group of friends and family that I have!! I also got my Christmas packages FINALLY!!! So thank you all for who contributed and dropped something in there! Especially the letters that I got! That was the best part and I put on some Christmas music as i read them all so I had a Christmas in January as well! I wish i could thank everyone personally and will be forever grateful!!! You guys are the best and I am so thankful for all the love and support I have from home! Moments of the week: So this week we were in a huuuge dust tornado! Like a real tornado not some tiny little thing. Like a full on tornado valley tornado! ....Okay not that big but it was big and was kinda cool haha!! Also here they know about traffic. So there is like 1 lane going each way but when its traffic time they will turn 2 lanes into 6 somehow so its funny to see haha! Another crazy thing is how here if you are passing someone that's not good enough. You will see people that are passing being passed in like a third lane to there's double take overs here! 😂 This church that is right by our chapel had like a parade as well that we walked with from town and they had like a marching band, 20 piki-pikis, and a lot of other cars that just took up the entire road so yeah it was crazy but good music to walk to lol. Lastly we were in a World Rally Cross Matatu! We were heading back from Kapsoya and its all dirt roads and hills and turns and this guy was going like 60 kph and apexing the turns and we were just like a rally Subaru hahaha it was super cool and fun! I loved it! That's all for this week! Thanks for all the emails and I love to hear from you guys! I pray for you all and wish for you to all be safe and have a great week! Kenyan love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment