Monday, January 30, 2017

This week has been one of the hardest weeks missionary work wise. We had an INCREDIBLE amount of bounces. We would have plans to meet with people and then we would go to the meeting point or walk for an hour to their home for them to not be there. Then we would either call and their phone would be off or they would be like oh yeah sorry I had to go somewhere....so then wed walk another hour and half to meet with someone else for the same story!! But by the end of the week we were able to meet with a like 14 people in 3 days so that was super nice! I also got to sit in a real car this week! It was super nice but the inside smelled like how my Civic does and so it made me homesick for that car hahaha. This week we also saw 3 white joggers in 1 day and i was like WHAT THEEEE! Like what are these guys doing? Pshh whatever haha. I would just like to say thank you. Thank you to all of my friends, family, teachers, and leaders and just everyone that has talked with me about the gospel or taught me in the gospel. Its really really cool how we'll be teaching a lesson and then they ask a question and I will randomly recall a lesson I learned. It doesn't matter if it was 4 months ago or 10 years ago, its just amazing how that works and happens and then to see how it helps that investigator!! This is another short week of writing because we had bounces like everyday and me describing the walking would not be to interesting i think. Left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, right hand, right knee, left ear.....yeah boring right? Haha So i heard that in my home state of good old Utah last week at one of the resorts they got 70 inches of snow in 1 storm. Yeah you guys are lucky. OF COURSE that would happen while i'm gone haha! But luckily for me the last 2 nights its rained all night so I get to fall asleep t rain...but not just any rain...Kenyan rain! Its super nice I love it!! I would also like to give a shout out to my amazing Sister. On last Friday 1 year ago my family changed. My sister left on her mission and I am just so thankful for her example and for being able to look up to her and see how shes changed so much on the mission! It'll be 3 years without seeing her but its worth it because we are doing the work of the lord! Funny moments: So if you know me I love to make others laugh. As well as laugh myself. So we got in a Matatu that was already packed but we got to sit in the front 2 seats by the driver. But we had to crawl through the drivers seat because the passenger door was like welded shut (that's smart). So elder Mwanziu went first then I hoped in put my hands on the steering wheel looked back and was like "Alright lets go!" and everyone laughed hahaha it was great!! I am also now an African model. SO i got this super super nice custom African paint vest. And at the place I got it I am there first white customer as well as I introduced a new product so they took a bunch of pictures and I'm gonna be in there magazine now showing that a white guy has shopped there and to promote the new product! NIIIICE hahaha Anyways love you all and hope you have a great week!! Looooove, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment