Monday, February 6, 2017

Soooo for this weeks email I have some stuff. So our 1st counselor in the Branch was in the hospital and he got out and we went and visited him at his house. He had a question for us about 1 Nephi chapter 8. It was suuuuper cool to be able to help him understand what it is saying and what it means and you could just see the smile on his face! It was one of the coolest lessons I've ever had with a member! That day I also got an answer to a prayer. That morning I prayed to have someone put in our path so that we could have a new investigator to teach. Well after seeing Brother Mulati we were walking back to town and giving out pamphlets. Well this one guy I contacted was suuuuper happy to take the pamphlet and I had a little lesson with him and then he said he wants to know more and that on Sunday he will try to have time to come to church! It was a direct answer to my prayer. So I learned 2 things from this. THe first is that we need to pray if we want help and answers. The second is that god hears each and every one of our prayers. The third is that for him to provide an answer we MUST have faith and then with faith comes action. Without action nothing will happen. Its like if i would have prayed for that but then not given out pamphlets or talked to people. It never would have happened. We must do our part and then trust in god to provide the rest. One of our investigators Naftal that I told you about who had that problem. Well he had a church wedding last Wednesday! We didnt go....because we didnt even get informed about the occasion but when we heard we were both shocked! Him and his wife have been coming with their kids to church the last like 4 weeks as well so on the 19th we will baptism him! We also have 2 other baptisms for the 19th so hopefully we will have 3 on the 19th! :D I am super excited for that! This week we have a zone conference and a district conference so this week is already busy! And this email will again be a little bit short because we are attending a family home evening with a branch member and need to go to that! So thanks everyone for the emails and I wish you all a safe next week and to be joyous!! Weekly moments of laughter: So right after emailing last week we went shopping. Well yeah I saw like 12 white people and 2 pretty English girls in the supermarket and I was just like pshhh what the heck!? Like honestly what is going on. Then this week we went to this place called Annex. Its about 8 kilometers from town and we went there in a Matatu but the people we were supposed to see werent there so we decided to walk back. And on the way this crazy guy came to us and walked with us for like 2.5 kilometers and he took Elder Mwanzius bag of chips. I was laughing but then got annoyed because he kept following us. He would have followed us alll the way home so we told him we had to go another way and crossed the street and went down this other street. He kept walking for a little then crossed as well and was looking for us. Sooooo we raaaan through this petrol station and were hiding behind cars and buses and then we crossed back over the street when he wasent looking and booked it down this street so he couldnt see us., Hahaha it was soooo funny I wish I could make my emails better to show you the amazingness of that experience but it was great! And lastly I dont know why I am saying this to all of you but I guess every now and then I talk in my sleep....so early last week in my sleep I guess i said "Pants? What the heck!" haha some dream I must have had. And then I also guess that when I go to sleep I just pass out in like 5 minutes. I went to sleep later on that week and Elder Mwanziu was laying in bed and then I like shouted "Are you kidding me!?" he thought i was joking around but then when he got up and looked at me I was asleep.....soooo that's nice hahaha All my love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment