Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope it is a great holiday for all of you! Remember to show your love and appreciation for those around you. Strangers, neighbors, enemies, and especially your families and close friends! So this week went by suuuuuper fast! We had a Zone Conference on Thursday and Friday and then a District Conference on Saturday and Sunday. The ZC was for all the missionaries and then the district conference is like stake conference. It was super full on Sunday it was fantastic to see everyone from everyone in our district! So the last 4 days just flew by! So Im not sure if you guys remember Naftal and Jimmy. They were the ones that had the problem with the church a few weeks ago. Well Naftal got married in the church and comes with his whole family and told us that when he didn't come to church for those few weeks that he didn't feel happy and he just felt that he needed to be at church. So for the last like 5 weeks hes been coming with his wife and kids and going to lessons with us and hes really seen what the church is about and he is good now! Very good in fact! And then Jimmy is the same way! He always wanted to change and not want that and he has. He is not married nor has kids yet but he as well has been coming to church the last 5 or 6 weeks and helps in the lessons that we have on Sundays! So those 2 are getting baptized this next week!! I am super excited for that and pray that it will work out! There is also Ibrahim who as well comes with his whole family, his wife is an investigator like Naftals wife and he has a super strong testimony in the church. He had to wait to get his certificate as well but he is very very ready and good and is also getting baptized on Sunday! So we have 3 planned for this Sunday! I would lastly like to quickly share with you guys a scripture or two that I like and read this last week. Alma is talking to his son Helaman in Alma 37. In verses 4-14 it talks about the Book of Mormon and its coming forth in the latter days to "future generations"....or in other words us. It also talks in verses 8 and 9 about the power of the words in the Book of Mormon as well as the Book itself. It says how it brings us closer to our Heavenly Father and knowing more of his son Jesus. Its a super great chapter and just something that made me happy when I read it and I invite you who get this email to read it as well and pick out for yourself something that you like or something you learned and got from it. I am so grateful and thankful for the Book of Mormon and how ALL of us no matter what our situation is, where we are in life, it doesn't matterHow it can bless all our lives and we can find answers to our any question by reading it and praying. Thank you for joining me for another episode offfffff Funny Moments from Africa...haha. So we contacted this super nice guy this last week and we had a little 10 minute lesson with him. That was great not funny. The funny part is when we were leaving he asked how my family back in Sweden is. I was like umm what? He was like your from Sweden aren't you? I was like ohh yes I am.....and im from the US. Mostly the US but all of my family is well....thank you for asking LOL. Then one day we were walking in town and there was like a group of 12 guys just hanging out, not scary just like hanging out. And as we walked by one of the guys was like "Mzungu I'm broke can you help me with some money?" Then I say without even thinking "I'm broke too, I was gonna ask you if you could help me!". Then him and all his friends laughed and yeah it was a great time! I am glad that I can have fun and make others laugh while I am here! I also say a guy wearing a jersey of my boy Clay Matthews! Anyways that is all for this week and I again wish you all an amazing Valentines! You all get some love from Kenya! Have a great week and be safe! I love to hear from you guys! Love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment