Monday, February 20, 2017

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and wishes I will get next week from you guys! I cant believe i will be turning 19 and in my last year as a teen! NOOOO i wanna be a teen! Just kidding haha anyways thank you all and Im sure it will be a great day!! Its the 23rd for any of you who dont remember or know! 😂😊 I would quickly like to wish my Brother Will a happy birthday! I am so thankful for your friendship man and for all of the fun times we have had and will have! I hope this year racing goes great for you again! Thanks for everything Bro you are the best and I miss ya! Sorry I missed doing this on the 25th Of January but oh well! So my Valentines this week was something else....SO we walking to Kapsoya. Super boring and dusty and hot. Well there's a school that you pass and as we were walking by there was 7 guys that come out and were talking about me. So I went up to them and was joking around with them and gave them all pamphlets. Then we walked for like 2.5 km together and guess what? Yep they all play rugby! So I was able to talk with them about that and they thought I was so cool and even invited me to come play with them sometime! Then we passed another school for kids and then like 12 kids were following me and yeah that was cool! Then Antony needed some date Advice and Elder Mwanziu and I are both Pisces so yeah he got a good date. Then in the Matatu home from Kapsoya our Matatu and another one were fighting over who gets to take this 1 guy. Well after like a minute of him going back and forth both of the Matatu drivers looked at each other then both zoomed off and dusted the guy...I was dying of laughing! Then I picked some roses at a store for Antony for his date and walking in town as a white guy holding roses was an experience. Like ALL the girls smiled at me and like wanted me to give them to them and even guys were like wishing me a happy valentines and wanted them! We then had a valentines party at the church and on our way home I did my first white contact! This girl has lived here for 10 years and is from Idaho but never heard of our church...I was like pffftttt WHAAAT? Like i still don't understand how thats possible but okay. We also got 7 new investigators this week. 4 of them are from me contacting them on the road and they are all super good potentials! We met with all of them last week and have plans to meet with them this week! Also we had 2 baptisms on Sunday! Naftal and Jimmy! It was such an amazing experience and I felt the spirit super strong. Looking back and seeing there lives before the gospel was in there lives to now....WOW its a change! Like they have both changed sooo much and everything else in there lives has changed for the better as well! Its truly incredible and I am so lucky to be a tiny part in this journey of theirs! I love them and am so thankful I got to see them enter into the waters of baptism and make those sacred covenants! Thats it for this week. Short but sweet! The internet is super slow but I am thankful for the last week and look forward to this next week! Love you all and thanks for the birthday wishes! Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment