Monday, December 12, 2016

This week was really well. I got to confirm Philip a member of our church and being able to do that was just so spiritual and amazing. I feel like he is someone I was friends with before we came to earth. He is seriously just so nice and loving! We have 3 new investigators and they are all very good! We currently have 6 or 8 people with baptism dates and some of them are working on their marriage certificates which is awesome!! We have the best investigators and I love to be able to talk with them, build that trust, and then be able to show them and explain to them how the gospel can and will bless their lives! It really is something different and amazing! I love it! I really love the members here and how welcoming they are to the missionaries. We get invited over for dinner like 3-4 times a week and even the Eldoret branch invites us over for dinner so we get like double! The people here are so amazing I cant even begin to describe it. They have so little bit give so much and love everything that they have! They dont take anything for granted in my eyes! Here it doesnt really feel that much like Christmas because not many people have Christmas lights {like no one} and no one has decorations. Its also not cold like I am used to so it just doesnt feel like Christmas. But I will tell you that I am so lucky and honored to be able to be a missionary during Christmas and be able to help others remember our saviour! This email will be a little bit short but I will make a longer one next week! Thank you all for the emails and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and dont take for granted this season. I will tell you all of my favorite things about Christmas next week. But while you have time make sure to spend this time with family and friends and even strangers. Show someone some extra love and build someone up! I love you all so much and again grateful for all of you and for the friends and family I have. I truly have the best friends and family anyone could ask for! Again please forgive me for the short email this week! Enjoy the snow for my fellow Utahners and everyone be safe! Lots of Christmas love, Elder Merz

No comments:

Post a Comment